Okay, so on Thursday I got up, having partially recovered, to run all my errands. I was fine for the first half hour I was awake, and then I noticed my neck was a little stiff. Within about 10 minutes, I could not turn my head to the right. I couldn't even look straight ahead. I had to look to the left. So I took some Advil Cold & Sinus (to kill two birds) and then headed out to pay my rent and renew my driver's license. The Advil allowed me to look straight ahead and a little to the right. However, since I had to wait two and a half hours for them to call my number at the DMV, and it had taken me over an hour to get there, my medication had worn off by the time the fellow asked me if I had any physical disabilities that would interfere with driving. I turned my body to the right so I could look him in the eye and said no. Then I took more pills and went home where I sat paralyzed for many hours helplessly watching Poot make a mess of the place. She scratched the hell out of my right arm, but I couldn't stop her because it hurt to raise my arm. Luckily, she eventually went to bed. The next day was New Year's Eve. Pat and I drove out to Champaign-Urbana to party with friends. It was sarcastically speaking the best party ever because there were no single girls, I was on medication which prevented drinking, and I lost at Halo. But I kicked ass in Scrabble. Actually, I really did have a good time because I spent an evening with friends who I used to see every goddamn day, but now am lucky to see twice a year. And I love Scrabble.

After I left there on New Year's Day, I went to Peotone to have another party with my family. My uncle had come in from Alaska and my little cousins were there (including my goddaughter Lara). We gave my little cousins their Christmas presents, which my dad and I opened and played with after dinner. My cousin Alex got this awesome little kid remote control train set with cool accessories. My dad and I built this awesome track where the train goes and gets logs and then a boulder and then a crate and then goes up the hill and then down the ramp. We had to stop though because Alex wanted to put all the track pieces in a pile and put the signs around it. To each his own.

Thankfully, most everyone is returning to campus today. You can't imagine how excited I am that I'll actually have real live people to talk to on a regular basis again. Poot and I pretty much ran out of things to talk about. Now she just stares at me. Welcome back everyone!